Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bumping Into Destiny

There I was, walking along, minding my own business when I tripped on an inconspicuous speck of destiny. So, I brushed myself off, looked it square in the eye and introduced myself. "Hello Destiny" I said boldly, "To what do I owe the honor of making your acquaintance? I am usually more careful, and I must not have been watching where I was going." Destiny replied "The honor is all mine, and you could not have avoided me if you tried."
This response struck me as odd, so I said "What do you mean by that?" "Well, you see," Destiny went on, "ours was a preappointed meeting of sorts, but I am only one fragment of your journey."
Even more confused, I scratched my head and began to walk away though I could hear Destiny's voice trailing behind me. "When you meet the other specks, you will understand that we are the only way that you can ever be introduced to Purpose!"
I didn't know what that speck of Destiny meant by that, but as I walked along, pondering the meaning, I stumped my toe on a talking rock named Fate and it all made a little more sense.
---BLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment