Friday, October 22, 2010

Trading Happiness for Joy

Happiness is evasive and contingent upon circumstance. Happiness can make you laugh, play, and even dance. Happiness can be so close and yet so very far away. It is in the sticky-finger grip on a lollipop stick and in a sun shower at the break of day. Hahahaha!!! Happiness, you slay me! But, when you leave, all is blue. Until, I feel the rejuvenating breath of joy on my back, pushing me towards all that is true. Like the undeniable truth of a brand new day, or the peace that blankets my pillow at night. Or, the anihilation of all that is wrong for the one thing that is right. Yes joy! I will have you any day with all of your simple ways. You are the answer to happiness gone wrong. My joy, you are here to stay!
Don't let anyone steal your joy, my friends. For, if they ever do, you'll see. You can never really lose it. Joy is what you find inside the belly of misery. ----Baria Leshea Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment